09 December, 2010

Brave new attitude ........ and 25% of the way to my goal today!

I'm in the fifth week of this new eating plan.  What amazes me is that the thing I thought would be the most difficult, namely heading out into the world and having to eat, away from the safety of my own kitchen, turns out to be not so tough after all.

Today I had to drive four hours to Dallas to audition for a Guest Star gig on "Chase".  I took my breakfast of oatmeal and fruit with me in the car and enjoyed it along with coffee.  Additionally, I brought a peanut butter sandwich, about 4 pieces of fruit, some pickles, some peanuts and a salad of spring greens with a mostly vinegar dressing on the side.

Spent four hours in the car, two hours at the audition, and then four hours driving back.  Not once was I tempted to approach the craft services table, despite being invited.  Not once did I think about pulling over and getting something to eat.  What surprised me was the fact that much less food seems to satisfy me so much more than before.  When I got home Maya had some potato pancakes, spinach w fresh lemon, and a yummy sweet potato/yam/onion dish.  I noshed on a small amount of each along with a small salad.  Perfect.

I the old days, I would have stuffed myself with crap at craft services, then stopped for a 1000 calorie restaurant meal on the way home.  I can just imagine how sluggish I'd feel right now -- I certainly wouldn't be writing an entry in a blog.

Btw, I felt great at the audition.  My suit fits me again ... pretty soon I'll have to put it in mothballs, it'll be too large.

This morning I hit 274 on the scale.  30 pounds gone!  Only 89 left to my goal of 185.  And I have 112 days to get them off before my goal date of April 1st.  That translates to about 3/4 of a pound per day.  It'll be tough but I'm going to try.  Maybe I should start taking bets ....

2 comments:

  1. Congrats!!!! Remember......You are the CEO....of the amazing machine. It's very happy right now I am sure. Go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. AND....check out "The Joy Factor" by Susan Smith Jones.

    ReplyDelete