07 January, 2011

Welcome 2011!

THE first time in my life I haven't packed on pounds at the holidays.  The key to my success?  "Eat to Live" eating guidelines allowed me to enjoy plenty of fabulous food, just not the empty calories I'd been used to gorging on during the Holidays.

There were detours, to be sure, like visits to two INCREDIBLE Indian vegetarian restaurants.  But the trend at the bath scale was always, on average, downwards.  During the six week period from Thanksgiving to Jan 6, I lost 22 pounds.  And, I have to say, I never felt deprived.  I've been sharing my progress on Facebook and the encouragement has been overwhelming.  Here is a screenshot of one of my recent progress reports:





As you can see, it's good to have people rooting for your success.  I've also received so much support from family and friend on this blog.  Needless to say, I'm very grateful and happy that the success my family and I have been enjoying can perhaps be helpful to others.

We've had so many great meals lately, and I've been asked to supply recipes along with the mouthwatering photos, so I will make this commitment:  I'll soon go back over all of the photos and splice in recipes wherever possible.

Tonight Maya really hit a home run:  stuffed bell peppers, with a side of zucchini

Final touches before baking 
Fresh out of the oven


Wonderfully seasoned, stuffed with peas, rice and vegan "sausage"

No comments:

Post a Comment