06 April, 2011

Working is a good thing!

Well folks, I've been neglecting my blog, not out of laziness, but because I've been busy working at The Alley Theater, here in Houston, rehearsing Amadeus -- which opens tonight.

My weight has leveled out in the high 230's which puts me at a total weight loss of around 65 pounds.  I anticipate jumpstarting the weight loss next week once my schedule permits time for regular gym visits again.

I've managed to muddle through my first professional acting job as a strict vegetarian with grace and aplomb.  I've not been perfect, by any means, but have managed to stick to the core values of the plan.  There's been some nibbles on a bagel (yes, with a bit of cream cheese) or birthday cake (how can one avoid it?) but mostly I have been true to the commitment and have not strayed very far.  Absolutely no meat.  Period.

In a busy life, it seems to be the leafy green vegetables that get ignored and the legumes, noodles and grains that travel better.  So now that the show is open, my focus will be on salad, salad, salad!  And swimming, walking, gardening!


No comments:

Post a Comment